How to manage contacts in Easy Project
Contacts are an essential part of customer management. It helps you to find necessary information about a person, a company, an account or any other type of contact you may have. It is a database of contacts that connects together all of the customer management plugins such as CRM, invoicing, and helpdesk.
Contacts module allows you to:
- create the contacts
- edit them
- export them to vCard or QR code
- filter the contacts according to various parameters
- add notes and documents to them (as well as create other fields)
- sort them into groups – personal or public
- assign them to a chosen project
- remove them from project contacts
- share project or generic contacts
- send by e-mail
- interconnect them
- delete them
You can create a new contact in two ways:
- From the More menu:
- From the sidebar on Contacts overview
After clicking the New contact button, a form will open. It may look like this.
In the first step, you must select the type of contact. By default, there are three contact types in total:
- Account - this type of contact displays account which a user has in Easy Project or in your company site such as e-shop etc.
- Company - this contact displays a company contact in the meaning of official company credentials
- Personal - this contact type shows a personal contact in the meaning of personal credentials such as personal number and personal e-mail
Mandatory fields include:
- First name and last name when creating personal contact
- Name when creating account or company contact
Optional (voluntary) fields include:
- Street (this will allow showing the contact in Google Maps)
- Postal code
- Registration number (identification number)
- VAT registration number
- VAT payer in countries
- Add other attribute (your custom fields such as state, SWIFT, IBAN, BIC, variable symbol etc. - they might be either optional or required)
- References (reference persons)
- Groups (groups you want to add this contact to)
- checkbox "Is global contact?" (checking it will make the contact visible for all users)
- checkbox "Private contact" (checking it will only make the contact visible for you. Not even administrator can search the contact. You can only check this option if you created this contact)
- checkbox "Add to my contacts" (checking it will add the contact to your favourites)
- Comment (blank text box, where you can write your notes regarding the contact)
- Attachments (files or documents you may attach to the contact)
- If the contact is a VAT payer in one or more countries, you may register it via "Add registration" button upwards
When you have filled up the form, click Save to create the contact.
WORKING WITH CONTACTS
Now, when you are in the Contacts list, you are able to see all contacts in one place. You can filter them by type in the tabs above as shown in the picture below.
In the right menu you can see some buttons:
- My contacts - shows all your favorite contacts (button renamed to Favorite contacts from version 2016.06.03)
- Group of contacts - shows groups of contacts; after clicking this, you will be also able to create a new group of contacts
- Import contacts - lets you import the contacts from a CSV file, so you don´t have to fill them in one by one
- Show all - shows all contacts
- Types of contacts - here you can create new types of contact or modify/delete existing ones
In order to make import from vCard and QR code work properly, you must map the fields from ER contacts to vCard fields. You can find it by clicking on the Show all, and then at the right bar as shown in the picture below.
Now, when you open a particular contact, it might look like this. As you can see on the picture below, the contact is already linked with CRM case, project and invoice. To remove any of the connections, just click on the trash bin icon in the upper right corner of the particular entity. In the upper left corner of the screen there two little icons: a globe which tells you the contact is global and a pencil which you can use to change avatar of the contact. Additionally, there is "Add a comment" button down to quickly add your comments related to the contact. In the upper right corner of the screen, you can find some additional information about contact attributes.
Moreover, you can link a contact with a task. To do it, just open any task and drag and drop required contact from the Contacts window (in the right panel) into the task like on the video below. The analogical way you can link the contact with CRM case, project or invoice.
When you have a particular contact open, you can find some options in the right menu bar after expanding More menu:
- Show contact in Google map - displays the contact address in Google Maps (address must be filled in)
- Send contact by e-mail - sends an e-mail to the selected recipient with a contact as an attachment (vCard)
- Add to project - shows the list of projects so you can select one or more to add the contact to
- Link contacts - select one or more contacts you would like to link the particular contact with
- Add to group - select one or more groups you want this particular contact to add into
- Delete - permanently delete the contact
When you have a particular contact open, you can find Exports menu in the bottom right corner. By default, contacts can by exported into vCard (VCF file) or QR code. QR code is an easy way to add a contact to any device with QR code reader such as mobile devices (smartphones, tablets etc.).